Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Santa Monica Pier

My parents are visiting and it is always so much fun to spend time with them. We were invited by my dad's friend for lunch at Santa Monica a few weeks back. We then ended up going to the Santa Monica Pier. I didn't take my camera with me, but thanks to my iphone and instagram, I got a whole bunch of photos. Since the whole even is so fresh in my mind, I could document it better. Most of the time I end up scrapbooking older events and don't remember the whole deal.
I had a lot of fun making this layout. I got so many new tools over the last few weeks. I finally got my Silhouette Cameo even though I didn't use it on this layout. I can't wait to make some cool layouts with it. I also got my two lucky 8 punches. I did use the Retro scallop punch on this layout. I love the interest and dimension that it adds to the layout. I also was the lucky random winner over at Kiwi Lanes a couple of times, so I got gift certificates to their store. So I bought a bunch of templates from them. I used the Tags templates on this layout. They were perfect for all the documenting I wanted to do. I also got some stamps from Unity stamps. So I did some stamping and embossing. As I said, that was a lot of fun. Now, I totally need to stop buying more stuff. I think I have amassed enough stuff to keep me going for the next couple of years :)

Here is my layout:
 
 
I used the following products to make this layout:
 
  • Cardstock : DCWV
  • Retro Scallop Punch: Lucky 8 Punch from We R Memory Keepers
  • Stamping Ink: ColorBox petal point
  • Clear Embossing Powder: Recollections
  • Templates for the Tags : Kiwi Lane Design Templates - Tags 1 and 2
  • Twine: Follow your heart - MME
  • RhineStones: Lush - MME
  • Glitter Letter Stickers: American Crafts
  • When Stamp : Hero Arts
  • Written in clouds stamp : My Little Shoebox and Unity
  • He She stamp : Unity
Here is a closer look at some of the embossing:
 
I used the color combination which I loved from Challenge #19 of Color Me Scrappy:

Do check out the gorgeous layouts by the DT of Color Me Scrappy.

I am also entering the Picture Perfect Challenge from Kiwi Lanes which required using 12 photos. I used the Tags templates from Kiwi Lanes. I love how easily the shapes come together with these templates.

I entering this layout for the Paper Girls Challenge #21 - use multiple photos.

I also made this layout for MCM #3 from scrapbook steals. I had to use embossing powders. I stamped and embossed parts of the layout.

4 comments :

Sharon Fritchman said...

Awesome 2-page layout! I love how you used the color scheme!!!! Thanks for playing along at Color Me Scrappy!

Heather said...

Amazing LO! Great job on getting so many photos in! Thanks for playing at the Paper Girls!

Amber Sheaves said...

Wow, I love this layout. Great job. Have fun playing with all your new crafting toys! Thanks for entering this with us at The Paper Girls Challenge!

Viji Siddharth said...

beautiful layout!