Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Elle's Studio - Thursday Sketch

I am playing along Elle's studio Thursday sketch with this layout. We have been going to the beach a lot these days. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here. I have been hoarding up all the beach photos this season. I have a whole bunch of good ones. I made this layout with one of my favorite photos. It is great to see Surya's anticipation and excitement to get into the water.

Here is my layout:



And here are some close ups:
 
 
 
 

I cut out the sunburst from water color paper with my silhouette. I then painted it with a gradient from blue to yellow. Water coloring on layouts has been so much fun. I only did it when I was kid and I am glad there is a fad for water coloring on layouts going on right now.

I cut strips from Happy moments Cameron paper and stuck it along two sides of the base white Recollections Card Stock. I misted the background with Heidi Swapp Teal colorshine and Taxi mist from studio calico. I found this Sweetest thing My Mind's eye washi tape that went well with the colors and added it to the border.

I then used my July kit and June kit from Elle's studio to add the journaling and little layers. I love all the little bits and pieces you get in these kits. I also stamped the 'this was awesome' sentiment on the journaling card with Elle's studio Saltwater Summer Happiness stamp.

Here is the sketch provided by Elles Studio:

 

No comments :