Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mid Week Mojo - Pearl 5 sketch challenge

Here is another week and another sketch challenge from scrapbook steals. This week's layouts have a more distressed look due to the collection used. I usually don't make layouts like this but what I like playing along the MWMs is that each time I seem to be getting exposed to some new technique or new layout style and in the process having so much fun.I had exactly the correct paper to achieve a similar look.

I made this layout with a photo of Arjun, my son and his friend Ananya which was taken at my friend, Amrita's engagement party. The kids were being very silly and making faces whenever I asked them to pose for a photo. They were looking at each other and trying to mimic each other's silly faces. I just happened to catch this moment when they were transitioning to the next silly face. I simply love this picture. Can you imagine how many photos I have of them with silly faces.....

We have been friends with Amrita and her family for many years. They belong to the Punjabi Sikh community. I myself am from a different community in India and have never seen a Sikh wedding before. It was very special to be part of all the celebrations leading up to the wedding and the wedding itself. The wedding itself was such a beautiful and touching event.

I also want to take this opportunity to express my condolences to the Sikh community and in particular to the families of the victims of the shooting at the Gurudwara recently.


Here is the layout that I made based on the sketch

I used the following products:
  • cricut cartridges: Plantin schoolbook, Fabulous finds, Elegant edges, Give a hoot, Graphically speaking
  • Paper: My mind's eye - 100% boy
  • Pearl brads: My mind's eye - lush collection
  • Copper brads: Recollections
Here is the sketch by Kristy from scrapbook steals. The layout she made is simply gorgeous. Check it out.

No comments :