Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pearl - Layout 4

I love the layout made by guest designer Jeniffer McDermott for scrapbook steals. I have been wanting to make a layout like this for sometime. I again abandoned my plans to make a travel layout because I thought the sketch was so suitable for my kids' photos.

I have been running behind Surya, my two year old around the house and taking photos of him with my iphone. So I put a bunch of them through instagram to get fun black and white pictures of him. It was such a challenge to get him to be still. At 2 Surya is developing his own unique personality and is learning new things everyday. It is not rosy all the way, he is throwing tantrums but at the same time he is so cute and adorable that his tantrums are pushed aside.

I made a two pager out of the sketch. I used color mists and stamping on this layout which I don't usually do. It gives the layout such a fun dimension. I also had a blast making it.

Here is my layout:


Materials used:
  • Plain cardstock: DCWV
  • Patterned cardstock: Studio Calico - Memoir collection
  • Color Mists: Mister Huey's - Taxi
  • Ink for stamping: ColorBox
  • Stamp:Inkadinkado
  • Bling:Basic Grey - Bling it on
Here is the sketch for Pearl 4:


2 comments :

Ren-Yi said...

i love the stacking of the paper and how there is so much "motion" across the pictures. great use of the white space!

Erica Bass said...

I love how you turned this layout into a two pager. Your son has so much personality - love the page!