Monday, July 30, 2012

Pearl - Layout 3

I love the 2 pager sketch that Kristy from scrapbook steals made for this week. I especially liked the layout she made, the colors were beautiful and the photos were great too. I wish I had the Kiwi lane templates with which she made the borders, I couldn't get the same look that she had. I used cricut to cut out the borders. I don't know how to get 12 inch borders with cricut without using Gypsy. If anyone knows please leave me a comment. To top it all I lost the power cable to my Gypsy so I had to charge it with the car charger. For the first time I was wishing that my commute to work was longer.....
I really wanted to use the pictures that we took when we went to New York about 11 years back. This was before I owned a digital camera. I can't believe that I have only about 20 photos from this whole trip and not all of them are great by the way. Also I didn't have too many vertical pictures. When I started scrapbooking is when I realized that it is very important to have some of those to make a good layout and I wasn't scrapbooking 11 years back.

This trip was very memorable not only because it was the first time and only time I have been to New York but also because 9/11 happened just a week after we took the photos in this layout. We went on top of WTC and had a snack there and everything.  The majestic buildings were so fresh and real in my mind that when I was watching the buildings collapse it was so very very sad and unbelievable.

Here is my layout....


I used the following materials:
  • Cardstock : Mostly DCWV
  • Cricut Cartridges: Destinations, Accent essentials, Give a hoot, Fabulous finds and George and basic shapes
Here is the sketch from scrapbook steals:

Check out the layout made by their designer Kristy. It is beautiful.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

These are impressive articles. Keep up the sunny handiwork.