Friday, September 14, 2012

Chevrons on layouts

Everyone is using chevrons on scrapbook layouts in one form or the other. The chevron bug has bitten me too..... I had to make a layout with Chevrons. I decided to make a layout with pictures of my little one and myself. I loved making the Chevron background under the title. I got the idea from a tutorial that I saw echo park paper blog. I cut out the three shades of greys into squares and then cut them into triangles and assembled them to make a color gradient with the chevrons.

I also loved this layout that I saw on scrapbooksetc. So I based my layout on that... laying out the photos in an angle gave the layout such a playful and interesting look. I also realized that you can make a chevron if you extended to make a two pager by making a mirror image of this layout. Maybe some other day when I have more time.

Most importantly I made this layout to play along Color Me Scrappy Challenge 11. Here is the color palette that I had to use:



Here is my layout after putting all of these elements together:

 
I used the following materials:

  • Plain cardstock: Recollections and DCWV
  • Title stickers - Thickers from American crafts
Do stop by at the color me scrappy website and check out the amazing creations by the design team.
 
Post a Comment