Monday, September 10, 2012

Mid Week Mojo - Pearl 9

OOOh! I missed Pearl 8. I will make it up. I have the photo lined up and everything. I love the sketches and the layouts by Erica Bass for Pearl 9. She is a very talented person. You should definitely check out her blog.

When I developed the photos for the current challenge, I had a completely different look and feel in mind. I was going to make it a playful layout with teddy bears and other cute little things. But then I was staring at the pictures of my son Surya when he was 8 months old, it somehow didn't fit the picture. He has such serious expressions in both the photos. I also recently bought My mind's eye - Follow your heart collection from scrapbook steals and this worked out just perfect for this layout. The circles lacked dimension on left side so I added some buttons to give it a 3D effect. The right side bottom then seemed to lack color, so I added the buttons there too to give the layout a more balanced look.

Here is my layout:

Materials used:
  • Patterned paper, 3D sticker, twine, gems, and pin : My mind's eye - follow your heart collection
  • Cricut Cartridge used: George and basic shapes
  • Buttons: Basic grey
  • Title letters: Nostaligique
Here is the sketch from scrapbook steals by Erica Bass:

 

No comments :