Thursday, May 9, 2013

DT Doodles 2013 - Week 18 with Kiwi Lane Designs

This may be the first time that I am playing along with the DT doodles at Kiwi Lane Designs.....hopefully it is not the last.
As soon as I saw Kristy Lee's sketch and layout for this week, I was totally inspired to play along and having most of the templates helped too. Kristy is such a talented and amazing person. It is hard not be inspired by her writing and work.
Here is the sketch by Kristy:
Here is my layout:
 
 

This is such a non seasonal layout. We are heading into summer and I ended up creating such a Christmasy layout. But I really wanted to get this photo of my kids sitting on a decorated train at the zoo scrapped and felt that this sketch totally suited it. I used the Christmas Town collection
 from lily bee for the most part. Since it started looking a little busy, I decided to use kraft cardstock for my journaling and title to tone it down a little bit. Like Kristy I also stamped the smile circle with Kelly Pannaci clear stamps. I so totally enjoyed creating this layout especially when I was blinging it all up with the Rhinestones from Scrappn' supplies. I used the following Kiwi Lane Templates:
  • Scallops 3a, 2a, 1a
  • Rings 2
  • Cascade Trails 1a
  • Sweetheart 4

  • Scrapbooking is fun, fun and more fun.... :)
    ~Neela

    No comments :