Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Arjun's Time Line

I have signed up for the Hello Story class by Ali Edwards offered at Big Picture Classes and this is the first week. Let me tell you, it is simply amazing. There is a reason why she is so popular..... I loved all the inspiration and every single layout that she created for this week. She talked about creating layouts based on time lines this week.
So this is my first layout for this week..... I made a layout of Arjun's Time Line... from the year he was born to almost current. I pretty much followed the layout she made but just changed the orientation as I had more photos than she did.
I did quite a bit of stamping on this page that I don't generally do and also messed up a little bit. But that's okay.

Here is my layout:


I enjoyed creating this layout from the start to finish .... from selecting the photos, to deciding how to fit the photos, the stamping and the selection process of the embellishments. I mainly used silver, copper, gold and red accents. I added copper ink to the cork cameras and then added the sequins. I cut out the years and the semi circles with Silhouette. I am loving my Silhouette more and more these days. The possibilities are just endless with this machine. I used stamps from Hero Arts and Unity. I used Brilliance cosmic copper and silver to do the stamping. I used the gold rub ons from We R Memory keepers for Ajrun's initials (AG). Can't believe that the A and G look so different. But once I was committed, I didn't bother changing them. I used Heidi Swapp's gold color shine to mist the white background.... it is not showing up very well in the photo.

I got the cork cameras, sequins and hemp cord with my Studio Calico Kits. These kits are totally awesome too. You should check them out.

1 comment :

Johnnycake said...

This is really cute. I saw it on Pinterest and fully intend to do a similar layout with my own son. Thanks!