Saturday, September 14, 2013

The 5 Ws - Fun at the Zoo

We are on the 10th week of Hello Story. I haven't made any layouts for the 9th week and still plan on making another layout for the 8th week. It is quite hard to keep up. I hope I will be able to stick to my goal of 2 layouts per week for this class over the next couple of weeks.

This week's topic was to make layouts using the words - Who, When, Where, Why and What. I really loved all the layouts that Ali Edwards made as examples. She is such a talented person and seems to have unlimited creativity. She gave some silhouette studio cut files and digital overlays for this week. I used the silhouette cut files. They were these fun circles and I totally loved them.

I decided to make a layout with Arjun and Surya having so much fun sliding on a little hill made of artificial turf at the park in Santa Barbara Zoo. This is the first time that both of them sat together and did the sliding together. Before this Surya never knew how. This time Arjun took Surya with him and taught him how to. But I think they had most fun when they were sliding down together. It is so much fun to see them bonding more and more everyday.

Here is the layout I made:


I know, this is a boy layout and I used so much of pink. But I love these two papers from Dear Lizzy - Lucky Charm collection. They are beautiful and look great when paired together. So I made all the photos black and while and used these two papers. I also used the 'Treasure these moments' sticker from Yes Please collection from Amy Tangerine. I used enamel dots from MME.

I really love making these fun layouts of wonderful moments. Hope you have fun looking at them.
~Neela

No comments :