Thursday, April 10, 2014

April 11th Sketch for Sous


Happy Friday! Hope you like the sketch from SOUS today. I really like it for it's versatility. It can be interpreted in a ton of different ways. You should check out how each of the design team member interpreted this at SOUS. I loved looking at the projects and I know you will too.



And here is my interpretation. I have been taking a mixed media class at Studio Calico. All my fellow team members at SOUS are such experts at mixed media. It is real fun using all the different mediums and techniques. 




For this layout, I first covered the whole white cardstock with Gesso. I then let it dry overnight. I then cut it down to  11x11 so that my photo would cover the whole width of the cardstock. I then applied gel medium with a stencil. I got a glossy finish gel medium, I wish I had gotten a matt finish though. The gel has a little shine to it when it dries. I then used a vermillion  neocolor crayon to color the edges of the cardstock and then used some water to spread it around. I then kept adding more neocolor and water and mixed it around till I got the desired effect. I then sprayed some aqua and blue Studio calico mist over the gel medium and dried the neocolor and the gel medium with a roll of kitchen paper towels. I then added my photo with a few embellishments. I stuck this 11x11 cardstock on a 12x12 cardstock so that I had space for my journaling. I smeared some gold neocolor around the edges of the outer cardstock in order to tie it in with the embellishments on the page. And there you have it, that is my layout.

Below are a few close ups:

The photo itself is from our trip to Cancun a few years ago. Actually they are a series of photos that I stitched together with Photoshop elements to create this panoramic view. I loved this view from our room. 


I want to see what you do with this sketch. Do play along. You will be entered to win a prize from SOUS. Do you know that this month's sponsors are Scrapbook Circle? Have you seen their kits? They are amazing.
And the most important announcement of all, SOUS is having a design team call. Check out the details here.
Have a great day!
~Neela

Supplies List:


No comments :