Saturday, June 6, 2015

Layouts with the Cirque kit

As soon as I saw the sneaks for the Cirque kits at Studio Calico I fell in love with this kit. But when it finally arrived and I actually started working with it, I realized that it was quite a challenge for me to work with it. There was a lot of hot pink in this kit which I already knew about. But I have two boys and I don't scrapbook enough about myself so it was challenge. I decided to go ahead and use the pink for the boy pages anyway. I then also realized that if I cleverly used the papers, there was a lot of green, yellow and blue in them.
So here are my layouts:



I wanted to play with circles on this layout as there were these fun acrylic circles in this kit. So I just moved them around till I liked their placement. I did a little bit of stitching to connect all the circles to the photo. This photo was taken on Surya's second birthday. His favorite part of the day was to lick the icing off the cupcake. Can't believe he is going to turn 5 tomorrow. I remember the whole party like it was yesterday.


I love this photo of Surya and me. For this one, I am not a 100% sure that I did complete justice to this layout. Again, it was all about the circle. I had pinned this graphic design shape that I loved so much. I designed the circle cut file with silhouette software and cut it out from this gold paper. I think using that gold paper was a complete mistake. I kinda knew it as I was making the layout but just didn't want to throw it away and waste the paper and the effort. It's okay because I have that cut file saved and I know I am going to use it differently next time.


Okay now look at all these blues, greens and yellows I could coax out of that same kit and I love this layout so much. This was inspired by one of Stephanie Bryan's layout. It was so much fun decorating each of those little circles. Again it was all about the circles. The 'hello HAPPINESS' cut file is also from Studio Calico and I have had it for a long time now. It works so well on this layout.


This layout is actually a mix of different kits. The silver paper on the right which actually does not look silver was the speciality paper in this kit. It was hard to use. I had made this layout for Wilna's color theory class at Studio Calico. This layout was made using an achromatic color scheme.


This last layout, I made for NSD 2015 challenge at Studio Calico. I think I already posted this layout but I thought I would add it here for completeness. This layout was inspired by a mood board. The colors in this kit matched the colors in the mood board perfectly. The colors in this kit also matched the photo so well. This is a photo of one of Arjun's first trips to the pool. He is 10 years old now. I love scrapping all these older photos. It takes me back in time and brings back fond memories.

So that rounds up the layouts I made with the Cirque kits. I still have a lot of this kit left. So more layouts to come. Hope you enjoyed looking at these layouts.

Have a great day!
~Neela

No comments :