Friday, January 1, 2016

Cold Country

Happy 2016 to everyone. It's been a long time since I have posted or created anything. But I finally got some time to create these holidays. I had the perfect photos from our trip to Fort Wayne, Indiana where my brother lives. I have never wanted to go to a place colder than Santa Barbara at any time. But I had to visit my brother as I had never checked out his new house. As we were landing in Chicago during the thanksgiving weekend, it was snowing. We saw the whole place covered with snow from the plane and it was quite beautiful. The next day was Nov 21st, Arjun's birthday and all he wanted was for it snow on that day. And it did and it looked beautiful. My family and I have hardly ever seen it snow, I have to say it was so breathtaking and beautiful. The kids had the most amazing time trying to make snow angels and having snowball fights. The layouts that I made reflect the beauty of snow, the birthday celebration, the kids excitement to be playing in the snow! All products that I used in these layouts are from Studio Calico kits and the Firsts kit by Ali Edwards.








My layouts are a mix of sizes and techniques. Some of them are hybrid layouts and some are just plain old paper piecing. All I can say is that I had so much fun making these layouts and getting the stories told of our trip.
Hope you enjoyed checking out my layouts. Have a great day!
~Neela

No comments :