Saturday, October 12, 2013

Boy And Girl

For Hello Story Week 11 class, the topic was opposites. I hadn't gotten to it till this week and then I saw what we got in the Studio Calico kit for October and then I knew exactly what I wanted to do. The girl and boy flair was perfect for this topic. I also knew exactly which photo use. I chose one of Ananya and Arjun. They have been friends since they were babies. As they are growing older, their interests are becoming different and they don't play together as much. But I know that they will remain good friends for a long time to come, they have a lot in common in spite of their differences. So I thought that this was a good topic to use for opposites. I documented their different interests on this layout. Here is my layout:

As soon as I saw the Amy Tan paper from Cut & Paste line in my kit, I knew I was going to use it. The Studio Calico paper with triangles was a perfect match for the base paper. I cut up the triangles and arranged them as if it were raining triangles and kept them more crowded on top and tapered them off as I went down. I did some hand stitching around a few triangles and stitched a pink border along the bottom of the layout. I also liked the gold rub ons that came with the kit and applied a couple of them on the photo and around the journaling. I used some wood veneer alphas that came in the Marks and Co kit and some Basic grey plastic letters for their initials that came with the Roundabout kit. I used Kelly Purkey alphabet stickers for the phrase '...but so different' on the photo itself.  Overall it is one of those fun and colorful layouts for me.
I am entering this layout for Paper girls blog challenge - Sew it On.
Have a great day.
~Neela

No comments :