Sunday, October 27, 2013

Cutting Edge Class - Challenge 4

This weeks challenge was to use one of the favorite mediums discussed in the class to create a layout. I used canvas to create my layout this time. It is a fun medium to work with. You can print photos on it, you can mist it and I am going to try to water color it soon. I will keep you posted on how that turns out.
We were provided with the scalloped circle shape in the classroom cut files. I repeated the pattern in silhouette studio and fused a whole bunch of them to create a background for my layout. I then misted it with a grey colored mist. In the class Susan suggested that to adhere the canvas to a cardstock and then cut it so that it is more sturdy. I agree with her, that definitely helped.


And people, this was my first ever sewing project. Both my grandmother and my mom over the years tried to teach me how to use the sewing machine, but I never really got the hang of it. But last week I got my own sewing machine and did a little stitching along the borders of the heart paper. I totally enjoyed doing that. At least this part was easier than I thought. I am going to practice more.

In the center of each circle, I punched out hearts from a red cardstock and stuck them. The red ended up being too bright. So I just water colored them with white with some Inktense pencils. Here is a close up:
 
I used some of my older studio calico kits for the patterned paper, Kelly Purkey white letter stickers, October Afternoon Sprinkler - farmhouse, Silhouette printable cotton canvas for my materials.
 
Have a great day,
~Neela
 

 

No comments :