Monday, October 14, 2013

Will you be doing December Daily?

I will be.... at least I bought the kit that Studio Calico is selling. Ali Edwards has teamed up with Studio Calico to create the kit and to do her December Daily with this kit. Anything she does is usually out of this world and unbelievably amazing so I just went ahead and bought the kit even though it was kinda expensive - $99. It will not be if I actually do justice and finish my December Daily album because that would be priceless for the years to come for my kids.

So December Daily is the process of documenting the 25 days in December from 1st to 25th in a project life kind of a format. I am very interested in doing this along with Ali Edwards.

Honestly, I grew up in India as a Hindu. We had a holiday for Christmas every year because India is a secular country and that was the most exciting part of Christmas for us. When I was a kid I remember that I had put a sock by my bedside and Santa gave me a pencil box (I think). I remember this very vaguely.... I think that was my most exciting Christmas ever. Now I have kids of my own, my older son does make a list and he does get gifts from Santa every year but it is all very low key. This year, I want to use December Daily as an excuse to do it all right... decorate the house with lights, bring out our little artificial Christmas tree on time, decorate the Christmas tree, maybe make a banner to put on the fireplace, check out the Christmas lights, try to get photos with Santa, get gifts for my friends and wrap them all up nicely and so on. I know for a fact that we may be out of the country vacationing during Christmas time, but it is worth documenting that too. We will have to see how the kids get their gifts on Christmas day.

Here is a list of kits out there (click on the images to take you to the websites):


  • From Studio Calico



Here is the link to the video that Ali Edwards made going over the contents of the Studio Calico kit:
http://aliedwards.com/2013/10/december-daily-2013-kit-video.html


  • From Whimsical Twist









  • From Gossamer Blue




  • From Scraptastic club





  • From Simon Says Stamp



Here is a list of some amazing December daily albums. I got this information from the Two peas forums.
The Two Peas forums is a really good place to get your scrapbooking questions answered. You should try it out here.
What activities do you do during Christmas time? Do let me know, help me plan my Christmas this year!
Have a great day!
~Neela

No comments :