Sunday, October 21, 2012

Coral 5

I can't believe this is the last sketch by Kristy Lee for Scrapbook Steals as their designer. I will miss her sketches and inspiration every week. I think I got back into scrapbooking after a long break because of her inspiring work.
I loved her layout this week. Totally inspiring. I love circular elements on a page. We seem to be having a series of them over the last few weeks and I am thoroughly enjoying creating them.
This week I made a two pager out of the sketch. I made a layout of our trip to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. We stayed in Vegas and took a little day trip to the Grand Canyon. Interestingly it snowed there that morning in April which was a very very rare occurrence. It was cold on top of the Canyon and then we went down the canyon for a boat ride in the Colorado River and it was so hot. We also went on helicopter ride... actually that's how we got to the bottom of the canyon. I need to make more layouts of this fun trip.

Here is my layout for this week:

 

Materials used:
  • Plain Cardstock : Recollections and Core'dinations
  • Patterned paper and Stickers: Pink Paislee- Prairie hill
  • Stamps: Hero Arts and Pink Paislee
  • Inks : Versamark and Staz On - black
  • Cartridges: Graphically speaking and George and basic shapes
 Here is the sketch form ScrapbookSteals:


No comments :