Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My Sun

I made this layout just for fun and also for submitting to Kiwi Lane Designs DT call. I call this post My Sun because I made this layout with Surya's photo. Surya means the 'Sun'. I simply love this photo. I clicked it with my iPhone when he was looking at himself with it. I then put it through instagram. Did you know that you could apply multiple filters on the same photo. So I put it through the black and white filter first and saved the photo and then I selected this photo and applied another filter(unfortunately, I don't remember the name of that filter). I totally love this effect. It gave the black and white photo a yellow hue.
 I the Abbey Road templates to create the look of rays emanating from the photo - sun you see - get it....
I did a little backstitch with twine along the rays to provide some interest and stuck some gems to carry the eye along the rays. I cut out hearts from a vellum sheet with Sweetheart template and stuck them behind the photo. I didn't want to give them clear definition, I wanted them to have an ethereal look.

Here is may layout:
Hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it.
 

1 comment :

Maria said...

Lovely setting! Love the waves in your layout. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.