Thursday, December 5, 2013

December 6th Sketch Contest for Stuck On U Sketches

Hello everyone! This is my first ever post for DT position for Stuck On U Sketches from me and I am super excited. I totally loved the cute sketch. First let us look at the sketch:

 I love any circular elements on a page. So this was the perfect sketch to start with for me. I chose a photo of my son celebrating his third birthday. Here is my layout:

I pretty much stayed true to the sketch. I used the Crate Paper Party Day collection for most of the layout and embellishments. The gold thickers are from Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Collection. The gold star rub ons and sayings are from Studio Calico Print Shop collection and the star paper clips are from Two Peas in a bucket. Before adding all the elements, I misted the background with Heidi Swapp Gold Lame'. I totally love this product.
Layering does not come naturally to me, but when I see a sketch with the layers, it seems much more easier. Isn't that the beauty of playing along with sketch contests, it pushes you to do things that you are not most comfortable with some times. Also on this layout, for the very first time, I did some machine stitching along the edges of the pennants. That was so much fun to do. I plan on doing more of this in the future. Hope I have inspired you to play along and you if you want to see more DT goodies, you can find the details here.
Here are some close ups of my layout:



Have a wonderful day!
~Neela
 

No comments :