Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jan 31st Sketch for SOUS

Here is another sketch that you can play along at SOUS. Personally for me this sketch was challenging. I see the work of all my fellow DT members and they totally rocked it. I decided to put a twist on the sketch. I decided to use the sketch for my embellishments only and use the photo as the background.

Here is the sketch:
Here is my layout:


I not only used the sketch mainly to create my embellishment clusters but I also did a mirror image of the sketch.

This is a photo of both my boys. I really love the saying that I used here, I thought it was appropriate for the picture. This picture was taken by my friend and colleague who is also a professional photographer. I love it. In order to showcase it, I really felt it was appropriate to use a giant photo. It is a 12x12 photo that I got developed at Costco. I then cut it down to a 11.25x11.25 photo.

For the embellishments I used a transparency by Webster's pages as my base. I then added letter stickers from American Crafts which are the first letters of the names of my kids, Arjun and Surya. I then added their age 9 and 3 with number stickers from Crate paper - DIY shop. The button , butterfly, 'fun day' chipboard, photo corners and the November label are all from Crate paper - DIY shop and Maggie Holmes collection. I also got the background paper and the transparency with my December Studio Calico Kit.

The saying that is printed on the photo is a .png file that was designed by Ali Edwards. You can buy it here. I love anything and everything that Ali designs. I totally admire her as a person and her design style. You can find her blog here. Also if you want to learn how to add .png files to your photo before printing them Ali has a great tutorial here.

I started with the sketch as an inspiration and added my own twist to it. Play along and show us at SOUS how you interpret this sketch. I am super curious to see your projects. Hey, and get ready for some fun on Feb 14th!!!

Remember that SOUS has monthly sponsors and this month's sponsors are SCRAP SHOTZ. You will be entered to win some fun goodies if you play along. Find more information here.

Have a great day!
~Neela

No comments :