Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jan 3rd Sketch for SOUS

This is my third post for Stuck On U Sketches as their design team member. I am loving all the sketches that I get to create my layouts from. The very talented Nanne and Leah design the sketches and we get to play with them. I am also getting a lot of inspiration from my fellow design team members. From this month onwards, SOUS has monthly sponsors. So be sure to play in order to win. This months sponsor is Scrap Shotz.
Here is the sketch that I started from:


Loved the circles again. This time I did not stick to the sketch a 100% but used it as a starting point. I realized that the photo I selected did not work as a square so I kept it as a 4x6 photo.When I saw the circles I was immediately reminded of the 5ws theme that was the topic for one of the weeks in Ali Edward's Hello Story class. I think this is a great framework to tell a story. The 5 ws are WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY and WHO.
We had gone on a vacation to Costa Rica in December. So I used a photo from the trip. We were are all geared up to start our ziplining adventure. Even my 3 year old ended up ziplining and he was fearless. Costa Rica is a beautiful place and the people are great too. We had a wonderful time there.
Here is the layout that I made:

And here is the close up of the 5Ws:

Most of the products used to make this layout are from studio calico.

The alphabet stickers are by designed by Kelly Purkey and the enamel dots are from MME.
I first misted the pink cardstock with various Mister Huey's mists. I then cut out the 5 circles using Silhouette with cut files that were provided in the Hello Story class. I stuck down the circles and embellished them with water colored wood veneer and some chipboard stickers. I wrote my story on each of the circle answering the 5ws. I then backed the photo with some patterned paper from the Double Scoop kit and then embellished it with some more water colored wood veneer. In the end I cut a stip of the beautiful paper that had the color gradient from blue to green and machine stitched it along the right. And that completed my layout. Hope you had fun checking it out. Do join us by playing along.
Have a great day!
~Neela




No comments :