Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 24th Sketch Challenge with SOUS


Happy Friday! And it is time for another sketch challenge from SOUS. Here is the fun sketch by Nanne. 


I most definitely started with the sketch and digressed quite a bit from the it I think. But the layout is in the spirit of the sketch.



For this layout, I first drew the circles in the background with the mist tubes attached to the mist caps. I unfortunately ended up covering most of the circles. I know this was a rage a couple of years ago but I never tried it thinking that I would never be able to make a proper circle. But with multiple circles, you can easily adjust this. I then added some washi tape over the circle, I then added a gold vellum paper as a mat for the photo. I love this paper and I got it from the studio calico Underground kit. I then collected all sorts of embellishments in green and grey and added them onto the circles. I then added my photo and the title. For all the materials, I used a whole bunch of my older Studio Calico kits including stickers from the very first kit that I had received from them - the Spencer's kit. 

I have to say something about the photo itself. It is adorable. Surya is 7 months old and Arjun is 6 years old. The little one knew hot to take care of himself since then :) The journaling says it all. They are older now and they had a blast looking at this photo. They were both asking me questions about what had exactly happened. I truly don't remember. It's been a long time.

Hope you will join us for this sketch challenge at SOUS

Have a great day!
~Neela

Supplies Used:

No comments :