Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 14th sketch for SOUS

Happy Friday! Can't believe that it is almost the weekend again. So I hope you have enough time to play along with us at SOUS for this challenge. You will be entered to win a prize from Creative Embellishments if you play along.

Check out the cute sketch designed by Leah. It is a very pleasing sketch. I loved it. 

And ... here is my take on it. 


I pretty much stuck true to the sketch. I just straightened up the photos and added a journaling block instead of embellishments on the right side. I am happy that I got a chance to layer. I used a whole bunch of stickers from the Party Day collection from Create Paper. It is a fun collection for birthday parties. I selected 3 photos from my son's 9th birthday. Unfortunately, I didn't have great photos from the two parties we had. I just had to select the best. I really wanted to document the event though. Arjun had a great time at both the parties. For the first party at home, all the neighboring kids got together and played minecraft for a little bit and watched the movie Planes later. For the second party Arjun invited his classmates from school and they went bowling together. He had a blast. They all got to eat cupcakes and pizza. They also played at the arcade after the bowling.

There you have it. It is a simple and fun layout. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

SUPPLIES LIST:


No comments :