Saturday, March 1, 2014

This Moment

I have already mentioned in my previous posts that the Sugar Rush Kit from Studio Calico is amazing. Even though in this layout not every element is from this kit, the pink background paper, the blue paper used to mat the photo are from this kit and the stamp that says "Love this with all my heart" are from this kit. Here is  a sneak peek at all the beautiful elements from Studio Calico. Can you tell.... I am a fan!


Here is my complete layout. I clicked this photo of my kids sharing a sweet moment. There was too much going on color wise so I converted it to black and white. Once I did that, it really took away all the noise in the background and just highlighted the moment between them.

The the words on the pink background paper really did not go a 100% with the photo so I painted it with some acrylic paint to cover up most of it but I let some of the color come through because it is fantastic. I then added my blue paper on top and stitched along the border. I added my photo and this beautiful wood veneer piece below it. I added some embellishments in the circles for interest. Below it I cut a piece of water color paper and painted it pink in an ombre fashion. I then used this as my journaling block. On the left side I cut out this digital cut file from two peas with water color paper and painted it with alternating blue and pink to match the background paper and the blue paper in the front. I used wood veneer to complete my title.


Here are some close ups:


Hope you enjoyed looking at this project. I loved making it for sure. Have a great day!
~Neela

SUPPLY LIST

No comments :