Saturday, March 8, 2014

Rockstar!

I am so excited that Arjun's band has actually started performing and they are doing such an amazing job. They were all a little nervous and a little stiff but what an amazing first two performances. Arjun has been learning to the play the guitar for about 3 years now. For the longest time he learnt on the acoustic guitar and when the band formed a few months back, he started playing the electric guitar and he found it very easy to play that. He is enjoying the performances quite a bit. I am so proud of all the kids in the band. They are little and are 9 and 10 years of age. For them to do so well in front of a big crowd is amazing.

I saw this amazing sunburst paper in the Studio Calico Sugar Rush kit and I knew that this would be perfect for Arjun's performance. I really want to use a photo with all the band members but I haven't asked the permission of all the parents. So for now it is going to be just Arjun's photo.

Here is my layout:

I used the rays in the sunburst to write some of my journaling. I always find yellow a bit challenging to use with colors. But I really like how well it goes with black and white. So I made the photo black and white and used the print and cut feature in silhouette to cut out the photo as a semi circle. I love this feature in silhouette. It let's you place the photo under the shape you want to cut perfectly. Before I knew how to use this feature, I would really struggle to do something like this. If anyone is interested to know how to use this feature, let me know. I will write a tutorial.
It is a very simple page. The patterned paper and the photo are pretty much what make this layout. I love the silver thickers from American crafts and the chalkboard sticker from MME. The steel stars are my all time favorite from basic grey. I added some silver sequins and the page was done.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
~Neela

SUPPLIES USED:

No comments :