Saturday, March 22, 2014

Using square colors from the color wheel

I am amazed by the results that I am getting each week when I end up making layouts based on the color scheme topic taught in the Color Studio class at Studio Calico. For this particular layout, I based the color scheme on a square color combo. This means, I picked 4 colors from the color wheel that are equidistant from each other. This combo has a balanced color scheme - 2 warm colors and 2 cool colors. I based my layout on a layout made by Corrie Jones for the class. All her layouts are usually amazing. Here are the 4 colors I picked for my layout:


Also be sure to check out this cool web site called color scheme designer where you can select different color schemes and how they work with each other. Here is a preview:


To follow the square theme, I divided the page into 4 quadrants and stamped my sentiment with the 4 different colors. I then added embellishments which matched the colors of the ink in the stamping. I then matted my photo matching patterned paper and added it to the center. The photo had to be black and white because it would have been hard to get one that would match the 4 colors I picked. It was a very simple page to make. Here is my layout:



I love this stamp that I got in one of my older Studio Calico kits. It says "live creatively"and I have been wanting to use it forever. I think this was the perfect opportunity to use it. Being able to think creatively and being able to make beautiful things is something that keeps me going and something that I love to do. So this saying completely reflects how I want to lead my life.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
~Neela

SUPPLIES LIST:

No comments :